Today's version update addressed several gameplay issues, including client crashes when trading with retainer NPCs, issues with certain class traits, and many others.
Read below for full details, and be sure to discuss this on the Zam Forums!
From The Lodestone:
A FINAL FANTASY XIV version update was performed at the below time.
*The software client will begin updating automatically the next time FINAL FANTASY XIV is launched.
[Date & Time]
Oct. 22, 2010 at 2:00 (PDT)
FINAL FANTASY XIV
- Actions resulting in the acquisition of an item will be cancelled should the player already be in possession of the maximum number of that item.
- Repair NPCs will be displayed first for ease of targeting.
- Drop rates for certain items obtained from enemies have been adjusted.
- The effect of the Conjurer's trait "Fastcast" has been adjusted to increase casting speed by 20% rather than 10%.
- An issue wherein the FINAL FANTASY XIV client shut down while trading with a retainer has been addressed.
- An issue wherein enemy names were not properly displayed has been addressed.
- An issue wherein use of the Lancer trait "Fleet of Foot" yielded no effect has been addressed.
- An issue wherein players could not progress in the quest "A Piece of History" has been addressed.