Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Finally done!Follow

#1 Nov 21 2013 at 8:51 PM Rating: Excellent
http://i.imgur.com/CPAiyBx.png

Smiley: nod
#2 Nov 21 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,173 posts
You sir, are a madman... congratulations!

I feel the need to quote from XI:

"This certifies that you have gathered no less than ten thousand carp. Please spend your time in a manner more beneficial to society. Your achievement is noteworthy for it's utter lack of meaning."

With heartfelt disapproval,
Gallijaux & Joulet
#3 Nov 22 2013 at 2:22 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Well done Wint!

Care to share how many hours you think you put in to get the achievement?
#4 Nov 22 2013 at 2:30 AM Rating: Excellent
45 posts
Congrats!

Not sure how close I am to Luminary. I've been slowly picking off the hard fish...15 left.
#5 Nov 22 2013 at 4:11 AM Rating: Decent
**
863 posts
Congrats Wint, really cool. I would personally never get one, but for your sake I really wish luminary were actually better than the easy quest item, even if just marginally. Maybe a hidden effect? I dunno, well done though, very impressive. :)
#6 Nov 22 2013 at 4:46 AM Rating: Good
*
84 posts
Have you caught one of every fish yet? or are you still missing a few.
#7 Nov 22 2013 at 5:26 AM Rating: Excellent
I have less than 10 left that I haven't caught yet, all in Mor Dhona. Time wise, I can catch 100 fish per hour and the total number of fish you need to catch is over 21,000, so you're looking at 210+ hours of fishing.
#8 Nov 22 2013 at 7:03 AM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
Wint wrote:
I have less than 10 left that I haven't caught yet, all in Mor Dhona. Time wise, I can catch 100 fish per hour and the total number of fish you need to catch is over 21,000, so you're looking at 210+ hours of fishing.


Wow, that's absolutely insane!

Congratulations!
#9 Nov 22 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,732 posts
Wint wrote:
I have less than 10 left that I haven't caught yet, all in Mor Dhona. Time wise, I can catch 100 fish per hour and the total number of fish you need to catch is over 21,000, so you're looking at 210+ hours of fishing.



Wow congratz.....

Edited, Nov 22nd 2013 9:47am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#10 Nov 22 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Decent
**
611 posts
Congrats Man… Unreal
#11 Nov 22 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Good
***
1,163 posts
/clap
#12 Nov 22 2013 at 10:46 AM Rating: Good
*
84 posts
I spent hours and hours and hours trying to catch a Wootz fish in north than :(, f-ing bolt fish all the time, but then I have terrible luck on double moochs, for the level 50 quest I caught the HQ Goby, used it to catch a HQ barracuda, only for it to be eaten by a whitelip oyster.... a freaking tiny whitelip oyster ate my barracuda ; ;
luckily manage to catch the marlin a short while later \o/
#13 Nov 22 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Fishing sounds friggin' masochistic tbh...
#14 Nov 22 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Vitriolic wrote:
I spent hours and hours and hours trying to catch a Wootz fish in north than :(, f-ing bolt fish all the time, but then I have terrible luck on double moochs, for the level 50 quest I caught the HQ Goby, used it to catch a HQ barracuda, only for it to be eaten by a whitelip oyster.... a freaking tiny whitelip oyster ate my barracuda ; ;
luckily manage to catch the marlin a short while later \o/


My worst was the Titanic Sawfish so far, that took 3 weeks solid of fishing every night.
#15 Nov 22 2013 at 1:46 PM Rating: Excellent
You sir, are a beast. Digital fish everywhere tremble at the mere mention of your name.
#16 Nov 22 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,550 posts
Wint wrote:
I have less than 10 left that I haven't caught yet, all in Mor Dhona. Time wise, I can catch 100 fish per hour and the total number of fish you need to catch is over 21,000, so you're looking at 210+ hours of fishing.


Super Impressive Wint!
#17 Nov 22 2013 at 3:36 PM Rating: Good
***
2,550 posts
Wint wrote:
Vitriolic wrote:
I spent hours and hours and hours trying to catch a Wootz fish in north than :(, f-ing bolt fish all the time, but then I have terrible luck on double moochs, for the level 50 quest I caught the HQ Goby, used it to catch a HQ barracuda, only for it to be eaten by a whitelip oyster.... a freaking tiny whitelip oyster ate my barracuda ; ;
luckily manage to catch the marlin a short while later \o/


My worst was the Titanic Sawfish so far, that took 3 weeks solid of fishing every night.


All for a grand total of 3k profit. Reward is so out of proportion with work effort when it comes to fishing...
#18 Nov 22 2013 at 4:47 PM Rating: Excellent
I was tracking, after all was said and done with teleport fees, repair fees, etc I started the quest with 15k and I have about 500k now. That includes the time I spent fishing up tons of Silver Sharks for my level 45-50 Thanalan achievement.
#19 Nov 22 2013 at 7:52 PM Rating: Decent
*
121 posts
If I wasn't so behind on everything else, I'd be going for this achievement!
#20 Nov 23 2013 at 12:06 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Wint wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/CPAiyBx.png

Smiley: nod


You are a better man than me. I salute you, sir!
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#21 Nov 23 2013 at 1:30 AM Rating: Good
16 posts
congrats dude

i wanna be u when i grow up!! lol
#22 Nov 23 2013 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
Why is there no stat increase with the Luminary gear as opposed to the basic level 50 piece? Always bothered me.

Grats Wint! Now go get them 10 damn fish!
#23 Nov 26 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
Hallertau wrote:
Why is there no stat increase with the Luminary gear as opposed to the basic level 50 piece? Always bothered me.

Grats Wint! Now go get them 10 damn fish!



I wondered the same. Does it look any different from from its lvl 50 counterpart?
#24 Nov 26 2013 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
**
847 posts
DownWithTheSickness wrote:
Hallertau wrote:
Why is there no stat increase with the Luminary gear as opposed to the basic level 50 piece? Always bothered me.

Grats Wint! Now go get them 10 damn fish!



I wondered the same. Does it look any different from from its lvl 50 counterpart?


I don't know if the Rod looks any different, but just last night, I saw someone with the MIN equivalent (Pick of the Luminary) and it looks decidedly different than the quested one.
#25 Nov 27 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
***
2,550 posts
Wint wrote:
I was tracking, after all was said and done with teleport fees, repair fees, etc I started the quest with 15k and I have about 500k now. That includes the time I spent fishing up tons of Silver Sharks for my level 45-50 Thanalan achievement.


Not bad. Smiley: nod
#26 Nov 27 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,919 posts
Wint is doing research for his nuclear Fishin' reactor!
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 225 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (225)