Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Withdrawels...Follow

#1 Jul 29 2013 at 9:04 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,208 posts
So for the first time in a very long time, I'm going through withdrawels from a video game.

The last time this happened was while I was playing FFXI, and it went down for maintenance unexpectedly several times in one week around the time when they first launched Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion.

DCUO, WoW, Rift, nothing else has actually given me these types of withdrawels. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I know that means I really love this game so far.

Now if it were only started already! I hope they announce Beta P4 soon.
#2 Jul 29 2013 at 9:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
725 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD0hiO10GvQ

Me too, so I've been watching Ifrit battles.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#3 Jul 29 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Good
i was actually sitting on the couch this weekend bored out of my mind... with all the games in the world to play on xbox or ps3 i just wanted my char back to lay down some DPS! As bad as i want them to take there time and get it right im so ready for this to drop so i have something to do in my down time...
#4 Jul 29 2013 at 12:02 PM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
Mmoderator wrote:
i was actually sitting on the couch this weekend bored out of my mind... with all the games in the world to play on xbox or ps3 i just wanted my char back to lay down some DPS! As bad as i want them to take there time and get it right im so ready for this to drop so i have something to do in my down time...


I logged into DCUO on my PS3, which is now F2P since I let my subscriptions lapse in anticipation of FFXIV...

I can't even get into it anymore... the only reason I even log in is to tell my friends list to add me to PSN and come play FFXIV with me...

And to practice using my New Controller before Phase 4 starts.

I'm going to need to learn how to pace myself with this game at some point, I can see it now, but for now I don't care about that... I'm just anxious to start playing my real character already! Smiley: grin
#5 Jul 29 2013 at 12:04 PM Rating: Excellent
**
728 posts
I got pretty burnt out after phase 3 to be honest. I was worried that I wouldn't end up wanting to play the game during release but the past few days I've been really yearning to play again. I've started to work out my battle plan for leveling and I've been staring at any info about the game that I can find. I keep finding myself trying to autorun with LB/L1 in other games XD.

Hairspray wrote:
And to practice using my New Controller before Phase 4 starts.


I used that very same controller for FFXI and it was amazing. the controller wire can be delicate after a few years so be sure not to wrap it up very much or at all. I would love to use that again on my PC for FFXIV. it was so easy to hit macros with the keyboard while still moving with the joystick XD. how did you end up getting it to work with the PS3?

Edited, Jul 29th 2013 2:08pm by DamienSScott
#6 Jul 29 2013 at 1:40 PM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
how did you end up getting it to work with the PS3?

Edited, Jul 29th 2013 2:08pm by DamienSScott


I had to buy a PS2--> USB Converter also available on Amazon (about $5.00) ... it works fine, it took me a minute to figure out the "Mode" button toggles on/off the thumbsticks... but after I got that part down it's a breeze to use.



I got some practice playing DCUO with it since that game is a lot more involved (controller-wise) with all of the combos, etc... so FFXIV should be a breeze to play on it.

I can't wait!
#7 Jul 29 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
I think it's awesome they still sell that thing, I still have the keyboard for mine Smiley: thumbsup
#8 Jul 29 2013 at 2:17 PM Rating: Good
**
377 posts
This was my PS3 keyboard solution.... Basicly works just like a qwerty keyboard on a phone so typing isn't an issue for me, the only issue I had was one time I got stuck typing in japanese and had to log out and restart my PS3.
#9 Jul 29 2013 at 9:20 PM Rating: Excellent
37 posts
princessary wrote:
This was my PS3 keyboard solution.... Basicly works just like a qwerty keyboard on a phone so typing isn't an issue for me, the only issue I had was one time I got stuck typing in japanese and had to log out and restart my PS3.


Since I couldn't find the answer *anywhere* online I'll fill you in on the secret to clearing that Japanese text...

IIRC, "shift" plus "#" changes the text box in FFXIV from English to Japanese (JP characters appear as green text on entry) and back. Don't ask how long it took me to figure this one out.
#10 Jul 30 2013 at 5:58 AM Rating: Good
**
377 posts
SkyRaymaker wrote:
princessary wrote:
This was my PS3 keyboard solution.... Basicly works just like a qwerty keyboard on a phone so typing isn't an issue for me, the only issue I had was one time I got stuck typing in japanese and had to log out and restart my PS3.


Since I couldn't find the answer *anywhere* online I'll fill you in on the secret to clearing that Japanese text...

IIRC, "shift" plus "#" changes the text box in FFXIV from English to Japanese (JP characters appear as green text on entry) and back. Don't ask how long it took me to figure this one out.

Awesome, I will have to remember that. I was so worried that restarting my system wouldn't correct the issue but luckily it did.
#11 Jul 30 2013 at 7:26 AM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
princessary wrote:
SkyRaymaker wrote:
princessary wrote:
This was my PS3 keyboard solution.... Basicly works just like a qwerty keyboard on a phone so typing isn't an issue for me, the only issue I had was one time I got stuck typing in japanese and had to log out and restart my PS3.


Since I couldn't find the answer *anywhere* online I'll fill you in on the secret to clearing that Japanese text...

IIRC, "shift" plus "#" changes the text box in FFXIV from English to Japanese (JP characters appear as green text on entry) and back. Don't ask how long it took me to figure this one out.

Awesome, I will have to remember that. I was so worried that restarting my system wouldn't correct the issue but luckily it did.


I have never tried the PS3 version of this little texting keyboard... but I did use the one from XBOX 360 in FFXI... and it was awful!

That combined with the mixed reviews of this PS3 one made me decide to look for the Logitech Netplay controller in the first place.. My friends used it when FFXI first launched on PS2 and I was playing on my PC, so I always thought how cool it would be to use one myself!
#12 Jul 30 2013 at 7:59 AM Rating: Good
**
377 posts
Hairspray wrote:
princessary wrote:
This was my PS3 keyboard solution.... Basicly works just like a qwerty keyboard on a phone so typing isn't an issue for me, the only issue I had was one time I got stuck typing in japanese and had to log out and restart my PS3.


I have never tried the PS3 version of this little texting keyboard... but I did use the one from XBOX 360 in FFXI... and it was awful!

That combined with the mixed reviews of this PS3 one made me decide to look for the Logitech Netplay controller in the first place.. My friends used it when FFXI first launched on PS2 and I was playing on my PC, so I always thought how cool it would be to use one myself!

I used it during the last Beta and had no issues other than the japanese text thing, then again, I use a qwerty keyboard for texting on a regular basis so....
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 50 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (50)