Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Square Enix's account systemFollow

#1 Mar 21 2013 at 3:33 PM Rating: Default
somewhat borrowed the topic from a complaint I noticed in another thread

do you guys think (or does anyone know) if the account system is going to be worked on for ARR?

I think sign-up, registration, actually getting in the game has always been an issue since the FFXI days.

even though FFXIV's current system isn't as bad as PlayOnline, it's still a hassle. the Square Enix ID stuff is all very confusing. it seems like there's also separate kinds of Square Enix accounts.

then there's the weird payment model and the activating of the game and whatnot.

will they fix it?
#2 Mar 21 2013 at 3:40 PM Rating: Excellent
I think every game has its hoops that you have to jump through, especially pay to play games where there's a fiscal transaction involved.

That said, whoever designed the SE account website needs to be fired, and it could use a solid overhaul to make it more sensible. I didn't realize how horrible it was until someone pointed out that it's even worse in the Japanese version and makes no sense there either.

Edited, Mar 21st 2013 5:40pm by catwho
#3 Mar 21 2013 at 6:38 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
catwho wrote:
I think every game has its hoops that you have to jump through, especially pay to play games where there's a fiscal transaction involved.

That said, whoever designed the SE account website needs to be fired, and it could use a solid overhaul to make it more sensible. I didn't realize how horrible it was until someone pointed out that it's even worse in the Japanese version and makes no sense there either.

Edited, Mar 21st 2013 5:40pm by catwho


Does anything make sense in Japan?

But yes, the account management could use a little work.

Edited, Mar 21st 2013 11:28pm by Geffe
#4 Mar 21 2013 at 6:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Or sense even!
#5 Mar 21 2013 at 7:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,429 posts
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


Ok, your new custom title just got a "Spelling ****" vote from me lol.

However correct you may be. :P
____________________________
"FFXI is DYING!!" -2009
LOL:
Signed: 2023
#6 Mar 21 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Teneleven wrote:
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


Ok, your new custom title just got a "Spelling ****" vote from me lol.

However correct you may be. :P


Smiley: tongue
#7 Mar 21 2013 at 7:55 PM Rating: Decent
**
514 posts
About Square-Enix accounts, I keep trying to access my account, but I keep getting redirected to the EU site. Going to the the NA site seems to be impossible for me atm... Anyone else having this issue?
#8 Mar 21 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


**** due to her to edit people's power to her job.

But the two words I struggle wife. She's power job.

But that you did not quote me. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you did not quote me. And since/sense are then I realize you have two words I struggle wife. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you have then I struggle wife. She's a grammar **** due two words I struggle with. Just ask my wife. She's a grammar **** due to her to edit people's a grammar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2013 7:11am by Wint
#9 Mar 21 2013 at 10:04 PM Rating: Good
I don't have issues so much with the homonyms and similar phonemes that pollute English. My problem is that I'm a touch typist, I go 60-100 words a minute, and my fingers often write out letters from sheer muscle memory that don't necessarily belong in a word.

That's why there are so many little ninja edits in my posts. I'm in a hurry and smack the "Post" button before I read through it again to eradicate typos. Smiley: laugh
#10 Mar 21 2013 at 10:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
341 posts
One of the issues I remember having with the S-E account system was that they contracted a billing company in Europe to handle North American transactions. This resulted in a lot of banks and credit unions blocking transactions, because it would show-up that customers were processing transactions on two different continents simultaneously The bottom line is, the harder you make it for customers to give you money, the more chances they have to second guess whether or not to give you the money.
____________________________
WoW Blackhand-US-Date of Retirement: 9/21/2010... /Sigh
Devari - 90 Rogue 85 DK Druid/Mage/Warrior 70+

FFXI - Shiva "Retired.... Or not? One more try, honest."
Desmar - 65 Sam 36 Mnk 18 Thf 12 War

FFXIV - Devari Garamond - Sargatanas 50 Paladin / Culinarian / Weaver / Armorer
Beta - Devaria Ariadne - Ultros - Pugilist
#11 Mar 22 2013 at 6:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Geffe wrote:
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


**** due to her to edit people's power to her job.

But the two words I struggle wife. She's power job.

But that you did not quote me. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you did not quote me. And since/sense are then I realize you have two words I struggle wife. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you have then I struggle wife. She's a grammar **** due two words I struggle with. Just ask my wife. She's a grammar **** due to her to edit people's a grammar


Quoted you now!
#12 Mar 22 2013 at 6:34 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,673 posts
Wint wrote:
Geffe wrote:
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


**** due to her to edit people's power to her job.

But the two words I struggle wife. She's power job.

But that you did not quote me. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you did not quote me. And since/sense are then I realize you have two words I struggle wife. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you have then I struggle wife. She's a grammar **** due two words I struggle with. Just ask my wife. She's a grammar **** due to her to edit people's a grammar


Quoted you now!


It's all in fun.
#13 Mar 22 2013 at 6:43 AM Rating: Excellent
What I'm curious to see is if anyone can get the gist of your original post. I used it to generate the gibberish there.
#14 Mar 22 2013 at 12:06 PM Rating: Decent
**
793 posts
desmar wrote:
One of the issues I remember having with the S-E account system was that they contracted a billing company in Europe to handle North American transactions. This resulted in a lot of banks and credit unions blocking transactions, because it would show-up that customers were processing transactions on two different continents simultaneously The bottom line is, the harder you make it for customers to give you money, the more chances they have to second guess whether or not to give you the money.


That you Bastok?

(for reference, see: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/364-Hyperion?s=cca2f24a178d6d4477b7c07689804fef)
____________________________
I might be an onion thief, but I'm still a thief.â„¢





#15 Mar 22 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
Oh dont sweet it people, that is the hardcore part of the game, setting your account up Smiley: lol After that is all casual Smiley: lol
#16 Mar 22 2013 at 6:00 PM Rating: Good
***
3,737 posts
Did they never add a more sensible option than Clickandbuy or buying their fakey fixed-value currency?

I remember calculating once that if you paid your account with crysta, it would take you over 40 years to reach a balance of 0.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#17 Mar 22 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Did they never add a more sensible option than Clickandbuy or buying their fakey fixed-value currency?

I remember calculating once that if you paid your account with crysta, it would take you over 40 years to reach a balance of 0.


You can pay directly with CC now.
#18 Mar 22 2013 at 6:26 PM Rating: Good
***
1,080 posts

Geffe wrote:
Wint wrote:
Or sense even!


**** due to her to edit people's power to her job.

But the two words I struggle wife. She's power job.

But that you did not quote me. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you did not quote me. And since/sense are then I realize you have two words I struggle wife. And since/sense are the post... Your fatal flaw was that you have then I struggle wife. She's a grammar **** due two words I struggle with. Just ask my wife. She's a grammar **** due to her to edit people's a grammar

Edited, Mar 22nd 2013 7:11am by Wint


I've been sick for the last week...and I thought this made no sense because I'm seriously out of it. I read it 3 times before I realized it was nonsensical, and actually made my eyes cross there at the end. Nice job. ^^
#19 Mar 22 2013 at 10:40 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,737 posts
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <insert deity of your choice>.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#20 Mar 22 2013 at 10:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <Joe Pesci>.


FTFY Smiley: grin
#21 Mar 23 2013 at 2:15 PM Rating: Good
Ya, I always wondered what the problem was after playing stuff like LotRO. Install the game, menu shows up, create account, enter payment info here, log into game. All of 2 screens and one or two clicks with very little info needed to be filled out.

____________________________

#22 Mar 23 2013 at 8:26 PM Rating: Default
LebargeX wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <Joe Pesci>.


FTFY Smiley: grin


LebargeX wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <Joe Pesci>.


FTFY Smiley: grin


Goerge Carlin ?
#23 Mar 24 2013 at 12:28 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Ostia wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <Joe Pesci>.


FTFY Smiley: grin


LebargeX wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
You can pay directly with CC now.


Thank <Joe Pesci>.


FTFY Smiley: grin


Goerge Carlin ?


Yessir! That particular bit has always just stuck with me :)

Short of the "sales" bit and the 7 words you can't say on TV, this link below is my favorite of all. Greatest 8 seconds in comedy ever. Just do NOT play it at work....or in front of children... ;)

Cheer!!
#24 Mar 24 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
LebargeX wrote:

Short of the "sales" bit and the 7 words you can't say on TV, this link below is my favorite of all. Greatest 8 seconds in comedy ever. Just do NOT play it at work....or in front of children... ;)

Cheer!!

I loved having HBO in my room as a child. Pretended to be asleep at bedtime, then turned on HBO and watched some Carlin, Pryor, Murphy, Dice, Kinnison, etc.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 267 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (267)