Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Princess TanksFollow

#102 Oct 22 2013 at 11:44 AM Rating: Decent
**
283 posts
Catwho wrote:
I agree that by the level 30 dungeons folks ought to have a handle on what they need to do. By Haukke Manor, they've had to go through at least four dungeons in the main scenario (the three tutorial dungeons and Toto Rok) so they can't be totally ignorant of their role.

As a tank or healer, or even as a fellow DPS, if you have someone who is being a moron in your group, give them a few chances before you give up entirely.

Also, if someone admits they screwed up and apologizes, it's really rude to leave anyway.


It is rude to just drop a party over one mistake. I make them myself. I have broken my own CC mobs before. That said when I as a healer have to know how to heal, CC, conserve my mana for when **** hits the fan, know how the fights work to stay alive and keep you alive, and do damage to me its just as rude to come into a dungeon and not at least put 1/2 the work into knowing your job as I do. I don't think it is so much to ask that people learn there job.

If I came into a dungeon and did nothing but cast stone 2 over and over wile everyone died I would get attacked and no one would stay for the group. If a PLD came in and did nothing but cast cure over and over on the dps that had hate it would be the same thing. No one would defend the bad healer or tank. But I see a lot of post like this on all of the forums I go to claiming that healers and tanks are drama queens or princess or this or that. And I am fine with that title.

I put a lot of work into being good at my job. I will not waist my time with people that want to just be lazy or bad at their job.
#103 Oct 22 2013 at 1:23 PM Rating: Excellent
*
180 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
Call me a "Princess" all you want! If you are in a dungeon level 30 or higher and you still don't know your job GTFO. I am not here to teach you how to play the game. As a WHM I can just drop the group and get a better one. If you are spanking my sleep targets, pulling hate over and over, not keeping hate, NOT USING YOUR GD COOL DOWNS (tanks I am looking at you), Or just plain disrupting the group I am going to say something and there is a good chance I will drop the party if I need to!

I was in a group today that did all the above at once. The 2 dps thought they where off tanks and smacked all of my sleep targets. The tank could only keep hate on one target at a time and had no GD idea what a cool down was. then to top it off I explain a boss fight to them letting them know I will be sleeping the boss when the add spawns and the damn tank stays on the boss for the full fight stopping me from casting sleep on it and forcing me to heal the dps who where off tanking the add. The add dies with me at 1/3 mana shortly after one of our dps dies from a cone aoe attack and starts asking for a rez wile the tank was getting his *** handed to him because he did not use any cool downs at all ever! I run out of mana after heal tanking the boss when the tank went down and we all die!

I am sorry but if dropping that group with a "You are all bad bad bad players!" Makes me a "princess" I will gladly take that title!


Not sure about Princess but for sure something starting with an a and ending with a hole. It doesn't matter how bad a party is dropping saying "you are all bad bad bad players!" then you're not a Princess you're a ****. Even if someone sucks something fierce in the game you have zero right say jack all to them. What gives you the right? Were you perfect your first job to 50 on your first MMO? How do you know the person in your party wasn't 15 years old and just trying out the game for the first time...FFS you can be 50 in a week or two in this game without trying at all if your not familiar with MMO's things like pull management, party dynamics, hate management etc etc etc are VERY VERY VERY new to you. The player in question could be someone who has played solo games forever and like this thread has suggested the 4 previous dungeons can be done without much effort this could be his/her first real challenge in game.

You want to play with people as uber awesome skilled as you join a Free company and party with people you know...don't expect Duty finder to always put you in an elite group. To me Duty finder is the equilvalent of accepting a blind invite in FFXI...sure it could work out but chances are you getting stuck with a whm with no subjob and 5 DD's...

Not everyone is an MMO expert regardless of the job they choose...I remember in FFXI there was a WHM/THF on my server named Anna...she refused to switch subjobs and there were posts, flames and name calling all over the place this board included for years. I was told later that Anna was at 14 year old girl who just wanted to play a game. Now I never flamed her I never encountered her ingame (aside from passing her in town) I have a niece that is 14 and is sort of into Rift and I would tear a new one to anyone who made her worthless because she attacked a spelt pixel mob in a dungeon. There is no death pen in game, gil is easy to get so the only lost thing is time...which if it was a DF PUG it's not the "bad" players fault its your's for joining a PUG if youre not willing to deal with fresho's

#104 Oct 22 2013 at 2:14 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
When being a princess tank is okay.

Dungeon: Brayflox Longstep
Offender: WHM
Offense: Trying to heal with cleric stance on and letting the tank die 3 times in a row

Response: I thought cleric stance increased heals, how do i turn it off?

3 deaths + that comment = goodbye, if vote kick were an option id have booted the whm and not punished the DD, but i feel i did my part by helping 40+ groups of first timers clear it this weekend.
#105 Oct 22 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Default
**
283 posts
TheAnf wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Call me a "Princess" all you want! If you are in a dungeon level 30 or higher and you still don't know your job GTFO. I am not here to teach you how to play the game. As a WHM I can just drop the group and get a better one. If you are spanking my sleep targets, pulling hate over and over, not keeping hate, NOT USING YOUR GD COOL DOWNS (tanks I am looking at you), Or just plain disrupting the group I am going to say something and there is a good chance I will drop the party if I need to!

I was in a group today that did all the above at once. The 2 dps thought they where off tanks and smacked all of my sleep targets. The tank could only keep hate on one target at a time and had no GD idea what a cool down was. then to top it off I explain a boss fight to them letting them know I will be sleeping the boss when the add spawns and the damn tank stays on the boss for the full fight stopping me from casting sleep on it and forcing me to heal the dps who where off tanking the add. The add dies with me at 1/3 mana shortly after one of our dps dies from a cone aoe attack and starts asking for a rez wile the tank was getting his *** handed to him because he did not use any cool downs at all ever! I run out of mana after heal tanking the boss when the tank went down and we all die!

I am sorry but if dropping that group with a "You are all bad bad bad players!" Makes me a "princess" I will gladly take that title!


Not sure about Princess but for sure something starting with an a and ending with a hole. It doesn't matter how bad a party is dropping saying "you are all bad bad bad players!" then you're not a Princess you're a ****. Even if someone sucks something fierce in the game you have zero right say jack all to them. What gives you the right? Were you perfect your first job to 50 on your first MMO? How do you know the person in your party wasn't 15 years old and just trying out the game for the first time...FFS you can be 50 in a week or two in this game without trying at all if your not familiar with MMO's things like pull management, party dynamics, hate management etc etc etc are VERY VERY VERY new to you. The player in question could be someone who has played solo games forever and like this thread has suggested the 4 previous dungeons can be done without much effort this could be his/her first real challenge in game.

You want to play with people as uber awesome skilled as you join a Free company and party with people you know...don't expect Duty finder to always put you in an elite group. To me Duty finder is the equilvalent of accepting a blind invite in FFXI...sure it could work out but chances are you getting stuck with a whm with no subjob and 5 DD's...

Not everyone is an MMO expert regardless of the job they choose...I remember in FFXI there was a WHM/THF on my server named Anna...she refused to switch subjobs and there were posts, flames and name calling all over the place this board included for years. I was told later that Anna was at 14 year old girl who just wanted to play a game. Now I never flamed her I never encountered her ingame (aside from passing her in town) I have a niece that is 14 and is sort of into Rift and I would tear a new one to anyone who made her worthless because she attacked a spelt pixel mob in a dungeon. There is no death pen in game, gil is easy to get so the only lost thing is time...which if it was a DF PUG it's not the "bad" players fault its your's for joining a PUG if youre not willing to deal with fresho's



Oh give me a brake. You hear this one every time. "They could be a kid" "They could be new to the game" "They could just be someone looking to have fun" Whatever it is they where bad at the game. The fact that I can type gives me the right to say something when people are being bad. This is not my first MMO. I started out in EQ playing an Enchanter. I got to level 45 solo then started playing in party's. The first few groups people would kick me out telling me how bad I was doing. That got me to look up and read about my class. I became a very good player in the end.

You can cry **** all you want. Hell there are times I have been a **** just because I could. I don't care why the guy is bad at the game. If you come into a group around level 30 and have no clue how to play your class you are asking for it. And the BS about being 14 or whatever is just crap. I started when I was 15 hell some of the best players I know are kids. The fact is most bad players you run into are older lazy gamer's. Its not that they don't know any better its that they don't care to. It is 100% the bad players fault for being bad and ******** up the party to say its not is just a cop out. You would not go to a UDF order a milkshake then say. "Well damn this Milkshake sucks! Must be my fault that it was bad! I am sure the guy making it was just new!" Then again the care bears that have started to take over MMOs now days probably would!
#106 Oct 22 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
This thread is like what would happen if a group of MMO players got a spot on the Jerry Springer show. I hate reading it but I just can't look away.
#107 Oct 22 2013 at 2:39 PM Rating: Default
dustinfoley wrote:
When being a princess tank is okay.

Dungeon: Brayflox Longstep
Offender: WHM
Offense: Trying to heal with cleric stance on and letting the tank die 3 times in a row

Response: I thought cleric stance increased heals, how do i turn it off?

3 deaths + that comment = goodbye, if vote kick were an option id have booted the whm and not punished the DD, but i feel i did my part by helping 40+ groups of first timers clear it this weekend.


I'd bet money this person leveled primarily in fates. I used to think abyssa in FFXI turned out noobs, fate grinding is 10x worse.
#108 Oct 22 2013 at 3:06 PM Rating: Good
*
180 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
TheAnf wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
Call me a "Princess" all you want! If you are in a dungeon level 30 or higher and you still don't know your job GTFO. I am not here to teach you how to play the game. As a WHM I can just drop the group and get a better one. If you are spanking my sleep targets, pulling hate over and over, not keeping hate, NOT USING YOUR GD COOL DOWNS (tanks I am looking at you), Or just plain disrupting the group I am going to say something and there is a good chance I will drop the party if I need to!

I was in a group today that did all the above at once. The 2 dps thought they where off tanks and smacked all of my sleep targets. The tank could only keep hate on one target at a time and had no GD idea what a cool down was. then to top it off I explain a boss fight to them letting them know I will be sleeping the boss when the add spawns and the damn tank stays on the boss for the full fight stopping me from casting sleep on it and forcing me to heal the dps who where off tanking the add. The add dies with me at 1/3 mana shortly after one of our dps dies from a cone aoe attack and starts asking for a rez wile the tank was getting his *** handed to him because he did not use any cool downs at all ever! I run out of mana after heal tanking the boss when the tank went down and we all die!

I am sorry but if dropping that group with a "You are all bad bad bad players!" Makes me a "princess" I will gladly take that title!


Not sure about Princess but for sure something starting with an a and ending with a hole. It doesn't matter how bad a party is dropping saying "you are all bad bad bad players!" then you're not a Princess you're a ****. Even if someone sucks something fierce in the game you have zero right say jack all to them. What gives you the right? Were you perfect your first job to 50 on your first MMO? How do you know the person in your party wasn't 15 years old and just trying out the game for the first time...FFS you can be 50 in a week or two in this game without trying at all if your not familiar with MMO's things like pull management, party dynamics, hate management etc etc etc are VERY VERY VERY new to you. The player in question could be someone who has played solo games forever and like this thread has suggested the 4 previous dungeons can be done without much effort this could be his/her first real challenge in game.

You want to play with people as uber awesome skilled as you join a Free company and party with people you know...don't expect Duty finder to always put you in an elite group. To me Duty finder is the equilvalent of accepting a blind invite in FFXI...sure it could work out but chances are you getting stuck with a whm with no subjob and 5 DD's...

Not everyone is an MMO expert regardless of the job they choose...I remember in FFXI there was a WHM/THF on my server named Anna...she refused to switch subjobs and there were posts, flames and name calling all over the place this board included for years. I was told later that Anna was at 14 year old girl who just wanted to play a game. Now I never flamed her I never encountered her ingame (aside from passing her in town) I have a niece that is 14 and is sort of into Rift and I would tear a new one to anyone who made her worthless because she attacked a spelt pixel mob in a dungeon. There is no death pen in game, gil is easy to get so the only lost thing is time...which if it was a DF PUG it's not the "bad" players fault its your's for joining a PUG if youre not willing to deal with fresho's



Oh give me a brake. You hear this one every time. "They could be a kid" "They could be new to the game" "They could just be someone looking to have fun" Whatever it is they where bad at the game. The fact that I can type gives me the right to say something when people are being bad. This is not my first MMO. I started out in EQ playing an Enchanter. I got to level 45 solo then started playing in party's. The first few groups people would kick me out telling me how bad I was doing. That got me to look up and read about my class. I became a very good player in the end.

You can cry **** all you want. Hell there are times I have been a **** just because I could. I don't care why the guy is bad at the game. If you come into a group around level 30 and have no clue how to play your class you are asking for it. And the BS about being 14 or whatever is just crap. I started when I was 15 hell some of the best players I know are kids. The fact is most bad players you run into are older lazy gamer's. Its not that they don't know any better its that they don't care to. It is 100% the bad players fault for being bad and ******** up the party to say its not is just a cop out. You would not go to a UDF order a milkshake then say. "Well damn this Milkshake sucks! Must be my fault that it was bad! I am sure the guy making it was just new!" Then again the care bears that have started to take over MMOs now days probably would!


No point arguing...you admit everything that is wrong with you in your own post. You admit to being an ******* and a ****. Congradulations you succeeded, I bet your mother is extremely proud of you. You get a plus one for taking an online video game seriously. You don't have any rights associated to typing the "skill" of typing does not entitle you in anyway. It gives you a medium to speak from sure but no son you do not have a right to f**k all.

I'll also give you a gold star for some winning blanket statements

Sethern79 wrote:
The fact is most bad players you run into are older lazy gamer's. Its not that they don't know any better its that they don't care to


clap clap clap...I don't even need to say anything you...just wind you up and watch you dig your own grave.

My point is you have 2 choices...you can be kind or you can be cruel. You clearly are choosing to be cruel...great job. So you had a few EQ groups that were mean to you so you believe that is the right thing to do, its not...nothing gives you the right to be an ******* to someone else.

I'm 100% serious right now...I actually feel bad for you. If you are being serious thinking that your behaviour is right or acceptable then I legit feel sick for you.

PS: you're milkshake analogy doesn't make sense at all...

#109 Oct 22 2013 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
Oh give me a brake.


Sure. You need rotors or drums?
#110 Oct 22 2013 at 3:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,430 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
poorly spelled/punctuated wall of text



take that **** to the OF
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#111 Oct 22 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
When being a princess tank is okay.

Dungeon: Brayflox Longstep
Offender: WHM
Offense: Trying to heal with cleric stance on and letting the tank die 3 times in a row

Response: I thought cleric stance increased heals, how do i turn it off?

3 deaths + that comment = goodbye, if vote kick were an option id have booted the whm and not punished the DD, but i feel i did my part by helping 40+ groups of first timers clear it this weekend.

Of all the problems to deal with, instructing a healer how to turn off Cleric's Stance is probably one of the easier things to do.
#112REDACTED, Posted: Oct 22 2013 at 3:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) So telling someone that they are bad at a game is cruel? ROFL. You are kidding aren't you? If you think that is cruel you have some truly thin skin bro. Whatever you do don't get online with Halo players you may just kill yourself! I love how care bear MMOs have become. It really is funny.
#113 Oct 22 2013 at 3:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
I remember in FFXI there was a WHM/THF on my server named Anna...she refused to switch subjobs and there were posts, flames and name calling all over the place this board included for years. I was told later that Anna was at 14 year old girl who just wanted to play a game.


Anna was a dude! And he was one hell of a troll, too.

I'm sure the biggest reason he played FFXI was just to revel in the rage. Smiley: lol
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#114 Oct 22 2013 at 3:52 PM Rating: Good
*
180 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
So telling someone that they are bad at a game is cruel? ROFL. You are kidding aren't you? If you think that is cruel you have some truly thin skin bro. Whatever you do don't get online with Halo players you may just kill yourself! I love how care bear MMOs have become. It really is funny.


Is this real life?

I don't think you'd be telling someone they were bad to encourage them or any positive way, considering your posts so far I would believe it would be malacious considering and I quote:

Sethern79 wrote:
Hell there are times I have been a **** just because I could


Yes it is cruel. Mean. Malacious and overall makes you an A-hole. I'm not name calling...your actions make this truth...if you changed you would stop being this and I'd discribe you by your actions.

I'm not kidding I think you you are an example of what is wrong with people. You think your actions aren't what the issue is the issue is that xxx person has "thin skin" or that "they should just get better then I wouldn't have to be mean" as if that excuses your behaviour. It does not. You are responsible for how you act regardless of how people are treating or acting or playing around you.

Also truthfully it makes you a coward. To hide behind a keyboard and bully (lets make no mistake you are a bully) is cowardice.

Again I actually feel bad for you...I don't know who in your life hurt you or who taught you your values...




#115 Oct 22 2013 at 3:55 PM Rating: Excellent
*
180 posts
Thayos wrote:
Quote:
I remember in FFXI there was a WHM/THF on my server named Anna...she refused to switch subjobs and there were posts, flames and name calling all over the place this board included for years. I was told later that Anna was at 14 year old girl who just wanted to play a game.


Anna was a dude! And he was one hell of a troll, too.

I'm sure the biggest reason he played FFXI was just to revel in the rage. Smiley: lol


Seriously Anna was a man? A Man was Anna...What the... That's it! Einhorn is Finkle! Finkle is Einhorn! Einhorn is a man!

Oh, my GOD! Einhorn is a man!

#116 Oct 22 2013 at 4:05 PM Rating: Excellent
*
181 posts
Anna is a man!

Edited, Oct 22nd 2013 3:07pm by fatpolomanjr
#117 Oct 22 2013 at 4:08 PM Rating: Default
**
283 posts
TheAnf wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
So telling someone that they are bad at a game is cruel? ROFL. You are kidding aren't you? If you think that is cruel you have some truly thin skin bro. Whatever you do don't get online with Halo players you may just kill yourself! I love how care bear MMOs have become. It really is funny.


Is this real life?

I don't think you'd be telling someone they were bad to encourage them or any positive way, considering your posts so far I would believe it would be malacious considering and I quote:

Sethern79 wrote:
Hell there are times I have been a **** just because I could


Yes it is cruel. Mean. Malacious and overall makes you an A-hole. I'm not name calling...your actions make this truth...if you changed you would stop being this and I'd discribe you by your actions.

I'm not kidding I think you you are an example of what is wrong with people. You think your actions aren't what the issue is the issue is that xxx person has "thin skin" or that "they should just get better then I wouldn't have to be mean" as if that excuses your behaviour. It does not. You are responsible for how you act regardless of how people are treating or acting or playing around you.

Also truthfully it makes you a coward. To hide behind a keyboard and bully (lets make no mistake you are a bully) is cowardice.

Again I actually feel bad for you...I don't know who in your life hurt you or who taught you your values...





now I am bully? ROFL. Welcome to the interweb! Feel bad for me all you want. Yes I am such a coward and a bully for telling someone they are bad at a video game. I should feel so bad about myself. I am so sure that guy I told was bad is still crying over it now. I can see him standing in his closet with a rope around his neck. Why oh why am I such a ****!

You know I think you may be more bent out of shape over what I said to another gamer than said gamer is! Now that's sad! I feel bad for you.

Edited, Oct 22nd 2013 6:16pm by Sethern79
#118 Oct 22 2013 at 4:10 PM Rating: Default
Thayos wrote:


Anna was a dude! And he was one hell of a troll, too.

I'm sure the biggest reason he played FFXI was just to revel in the rage. Smiley: lol


The same Whm/thf that thought her...errr..him hexastrike sneak attack was leet? Oh boy, the memories.
#119 Oct 22 2013 at 4:24 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,497 posts
Let me share a story where I dropped a party in DF. It might give some perspective on why some tanks drop after a couple of wipes.

We were doing Wanderers Palace early after release and I was explaining mechanics of fights and noticed our dps was low. As a tank I can tell when the dps is bad because I'm watching threat bars and how long the fight takes based on my cooldowns. We beat the first boss without much trouble but the second boss... oh man.

So I explain the fight and pull. The adds just barely go down the first time. The second wave they were almost all up still. Naturally the paralyze and heavy gets someone killed. Since it was a DPS more adds are alive than normal, the adds get too numerous and we wipe. Okay, I explain that the adds must die because they debuff the targeted member and you can't escape if you're heavied and paralyzed. The second fight we don't get any further. My FC is saying they need me for AK Speedruns and I need to go. I consider how long it will take with this group versus the dungeon finder timer and decide to give them a final chance.

I give them a pep talk, help with DPS as much as I can, and we die at exactly the same spot. Our DPS is simply too awful, which is impressive because they were both BRDs. I drop after that wipe.

The thing is, even if my FC wasn't looking for me I'd still have left. I can tell when a group is capable of succeeding and not. I can tell this group would be a long tiring run and I had no plans to stick around. I am not going to spend 45+ min teaching people everything every couple runs. I have a job, I'm tired, I just wanna play. So just because a tank leaves after a few wipes, doesn't mean he is being a princess about it. He probably can tell this party isn't going to complete the dungeon without a hell of a lot of work. And I'm not investing that time in random people. FC and Friends? Absolutely. Randoms? Unless they've been especially nice, no chance.
#120 Oct 22 2013 at 4:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Anna was the best damn Dnc/Pld around. Never forget
#121 Oct 22 2013 at 4:34 PM Rating: Excellent
**
328 posts
shykin wrote:
/snip good story by a reasonable tank

Thats not being a 'princess'. You gave it a good try and retried with coaching and it just wasn't going to happen and it doesn't sound like you were a jerk about it. Based on your descrpition it would have been just banging your head against a wall to continue.

I think its like the song goes. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.
#122 Oct 22 2013 at 4:35 PM Rating: Decent
*
180 posts
Sethern79 wrote:
now I am bully? ROFL. Welcome to the interweb! Feel bad for me all you want. Yes I am such a coward and a bully for telling someone they are bad at a video game. I should feel so bad about myself. I am so sure that guy I told was bad is still crying over it now. I can see him standing in his closet with a rope around his neck. Why oh why am I such a ****!

You know I think you may be more bent out of shape over what I said to another gamer that said game is! Now that's sad! I feel bad for you.


You should feel bad for me...I've had to put up with you for the last hour or so. Trust me its not easy. It is a chore.

Yes you are a bully and you are a coward for not just owning it.

Bullying - is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children, people that involves a real or perceived power imbalance.

Do I think the person you berated is still thinking about it...I have no idea but you don't know either. He could have wrote you off as a another DF jackass or he could have quit the game and as you so brilliantly put it..."put the rope around his neck"
you have no idea.

I'll tell you what I have learned...you are a bad player. I think you suck at the game. You may have uber leet skillz boyyzzz but attitude and personality are nil. Where I come from character matters, reputation matters, kindness matters.

So to recap because I'm sure you require everything handed to you easily...
- You are a bad person. Period. Blanket statement. Evidence see all your posts.
- You are what is wrong with the games community in a nutshell
- You are a Coward, I see right through your ****.

Anf 1
Sethern79 0

Take your **** to the "OF"





#123 Oct 22 2013 at 4:51 PM Rating: Good
****
4,175 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
When being a princess tank is okay.

Dungeon: Brayflox Longstep
Offender: WHM
Offense: Trying to heal with cleric stance on and letting the tank die 3 times in a row

Response: I thought cleric stance increased heals, how do i turn it off?

3 deaths + that comment = goodbye, if vote kick were an option id have booted the whm and not punished the DD, but i feel i did my part by helping 40+ groups of first timers clear it this weekend.


I wouldn't have waited that long even. How hard is it to read and understand tooltips?
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#124 Oct 22 2013 at 5:00 PM Rating: Default
**
283 posts
TheAnf wrote:
Sethern79 wrote:
now I am bully? ROFL. Welcome to the interweb! Feel bad for me all you want. Yes I am such a coward and a bully for telling someone they are bad at a video game. I should feel so bad about myself. I am so sure that guy I told was bad is still crying over it now. I can see him standing in his closet with a rope around his neck. Why oh why am I such a ****!

You know I think you may be more bent out of shape over what I said to another gamer that said game is! Now that's sad! I feel bad for you.


You should feel bad for me...I've had to put up with you for the last hour or so. Trust me its not easy. It is a chore.

Yes you are a bully and you are a coward for not just owning it.

Bullying - is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school aged children, people that involves a real or perceived power imbalance.

Do I think the person you berated is still thinking about it...I have no idea but you don't know either. He could have wrote you off as a another DF jackass or he could have quit the game and as you so brilliantly put it..."put the rope around his neck"
you have no idea.

I'll tell you what I have learned...you are a bad player. I think you suck at the game. You may have uber leet skillz boyyzzz but attitude and personality are nil. Where I come from character matters, reputation matters, kindness matters.

So to recap because I'm sure you require everything handed to you easily...
- You are a bad person. Period. Blanket statement. Evidence see all your posts.
- You are what is wrong with the games community in a nutshell
- You are a Coward, I see right through your sh*t.

Anf 1
Sethern79 0

Take your sh*t to the "OF"






I love it. Lets see here. So far you have called me a ****, a-hole, coward, and a bad person. I am what is wrong with the gaming community and humanity. All because I told another gamer they where bad at the game. I on the other hand laughed at you and said you may have thin skin. So in our case here who has been the bully?
#125 Oct 22 2013 at 5:04 PM Rating: Default
shykin wrote:
Let me share a story where I dropped a party in DF. It might give some perspective on why some tanks drop after a couple of wipes.

We were doing Wanderers Palace early after release and I was explaining mechanics of fights and noticed our dps was low. As a tank I can tell when the dps is bad because I'm watching threat bars and how long the fight takes based on my cooldowns. We beat the first boss without much trouble but the second boss... oh man.

So I explain the fight and pull. The adds just barely go down the first time. The second wave they were almost all up still. Naturally the paralyze and heavy gets someone killed. Since it was a DPS more adds are alive than normal, the adds get too numerous and we wipe. Okay, I explain that the adds must die because they debuff the targeted member and you can't escape if you're heavied and paralyzed. The second fight we don't get any further. My FC is saying they need me for AK Speedruns and I need to go. I consider how long it will take with this group versus the dungeon finder timer and decide to give them a final chance.

I give them a pep talk, help with DPS as much as I can, and we die at exactly the same spot. Our DPS is simply too awful, which is impressive because they were both BRDs. I drop after that wipe.

The thing is, even if my FC wasn't looking for me I'd still have left.


As much as you might believe it to make yourself feel better, you're wrong. I have many examples where I was in a similiar position and instead of dropping, I stayed and made it though helping other players to become better.

One example was Brayfox and our tank was under-geared and unfamiliar with this zone. So as luck would have it, all the drops were for the PLD. Still she was taking far too much damage, didn't know how to pull, and was basically a newb. So as we struggled past each boss on the first try, we reached the last boss and things went south. Anybody who's ever healed this dungeon before knows that the tank will take a beating if they don't use their migration tools properly or are under- geared. Well everything that could go wrong did. Tank runs out of healing range, doesn't pull boss out of green pits, DPS aren't avoiding Aoe and so forth. The main problem was the tank and after many wipes, I went back to my healer playbook from FFXI. I explained what to do yet again and motivated my party by doing so. We were successful on the final try, no deaths.

I notice how most players are quick to give the ultimatum that if you wipe a few more times, they're going to leave. Well that doesn't work and those people never had any intention of helping their party succeed. There is no I in team and some of you haven't realized that. You claim to be "team players", but that's only if the team is good enough without you having to do any real work. The bottom line is people who give up that easily are lazy and selfish. It's only about their XP, never about the goals of the group. Maybe some parties aren't winnable, but it's been my experience as the guy who watches an listens that the elitist guy is looking for a reason to leave. They just want a reason to justify it. IE... The DPS wasn't kill fast enough so they drop party before the demon wall. Ironically, after getting a replacement, I'd say about 90% of my parties succeed where the guy who dropped was dead wrong.
#126 Oct 22 2013 at 5:15 PM Rating: Excellent
A lot of this comes down to management and coaching styles. There are two approaches you can take: 1. Tear someone down 2. Build someone up.

My boss in RL is amazing and smart and she is the master of balancing both these things. She sings my praises in public, and reserves her criticism for private meetings. I never feel like she is calling me out in public and the rest of our IT department thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. And yet she firmly lets me know where I can improve without question.

Princess tanks are the ******* managers who yell at employees in front of the rest of the staff.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 35 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (35)