Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Repair changes and other stuff comingFollow

#27 Sep 10 2013 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,737 posts
Quote:
I have always had an issue with gearscore being the entryway to content rather than the player's ability... But this is obviously the avenue to capture more players regardless of skill level...now it just takes farming (I.e., time invested). Disappointing news, but I understand the reasoning.


Sure, that's better.. but how do you quantify that in the context of random matchmaking?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#28 Sep 10 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
Refews wrote:
While I understand the use of this and agree with it, making your game rely solely on gear for different dungeons is IMHO, a lazy way to go. It is too easy just to make better gear and more HP/harder hitting mobs in dungeons. Instead of making the challenges inherent with the dungeon such as having small pizzles to figure out opening gates or pulling mobs toward a fount to lower defenses, you just get by with the changing the mob's stats.

I have always had an issue with gearscore being the entryway to content rather than the player's ability... But this is obviously the avenue to capture more players regardless of skill level...now it just takes farming (I.e., time invested). Disappointing news, but I understand the reasoning.


I'm fairly certain the gameplay itself changes dramatically form Story mode to Hard Mode. I hear my LS mates talking about what the bosses do differently.

I think the average gear score is just a piece of the overall puzzle, and further, from what Yoshida has posted it will play a much bigger role in Extreme Mode fights than it does for the current content.
#29 Sep 10 2013 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
**
491 posts
Gnu wrote:
Quote:
We currently have a target setting that will allow you to filter out what can be targeted by pressing the X key. However, we've determined that there is a bug with this setting which is scheduled to be addressed in the next hot fix.

Once this has been addressed, you should be able to use the X key as a target filter button and you can customize this to ignore minions.

We'll let you know once this has been addressed and we apologize for any inconvenience.


Please tell me when you say X key, you are talking about the X button on the PS3 pad (or the A button on 360) That was one of my biggest gripes, that it was not working as intended. Hopefully, if that is what your post meant, you can filter those damn summons and carbies out, too. I will dance for joy and it will be glorious.
#30 Sep 10 2013 at 2:37 PM Rating: Excellent
**
259 posts
I appreciate that repairs are being reduced as well as dark matter, but I hope they bring back the option to repair other player's gear too. Just have a PC repair cost be a little more than the cost of the dark matter, but less than NPC repairs. That way players can still repair each other's gear while players in a hurry can just use NPC's.

It just seems silly to me that you have to level up all crafts in order to use dark matter for all your gear.
#31 Sep 10 2013 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
I talk about the changes in the link below if anyone is interested as to my opinion on the changes and why they were needed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjIEGOcPrw&feature=youtu.be
#32 Sep 10 2013 at 10:33 PM Rating: Good
*
150 posts
So basically we need someone to translate the google translation into readable English.

Big fan of the repair cost nerf, might make GIL less valuable, but a im playing 1500 GIL for a slight repair on my gear...id hate to see a full repair bill, im not even 50 yet either so I still have some quests to give me gold (yes I craft and gather for GIL but for those who don't...endgame repairs would be a nightmare)
#33 Sep 10 2013 at 10:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Hairspray wrote:

Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.


I share your concern, but let's be very careful in how this is applied to the game. We don't want elitism to ruin the game either. I'm not saying this is the goal of this system, but you know how people are and will adapt it to this end. Upon my return to FFXI shortly before FFXIV was launched, I was very disappointed by the community belief that you were required to have a relic weapon to participate with the good groups. It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself. So that's like putting the carriage in front of the horse here. I'll all for positive changes to the game, but this change must be positive for players of all types. There is a difference between being gimped and just average. I'm concerned there will be no such distinction once you can filter people out by gear. It might start at gear levels, but we all know what follows.

Edited, Sep 10th 2013 10:49am by ShadowedgeFFXI


You have full af level 50 weapon people showing up for Titan. It's mathematically impossible to win that. That is why people are fanatical about gear, because at the end-endgame right now, 1 piece of dead weight will ruin the run.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#34 Sep 10 2013 at 10:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.

This potentially seems short-sighted to me, since they also said they would be adding in repeatable daily quests soon. The two together seems like overkill.


Edited, Sep 11th 2013 12:59am by KaneKitty
#35 Sep 10 2013 at 11:12 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,653 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.
#36 Sep 10 2013 at 11:18 PM Rating: Good
***
1,948 posts
blowfin wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.


No, at lvl 50+ repair 100% at NPC cost 500+ gil while DM 5 only cost 350 gil.
#37 Sep 10 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,653 posts
Khornette wrote:
blowfin wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.


No, at lvl 50+ repair 100% at NPC cost 500+ gil while DM 5 only cost 350 gil.


Why are people saying it's the case then? It seems to be one of the main drives behind all the whining about repair costs. Maybe they're factoring in actually leveling that craft too?
#38 Sep 10 2013 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,948 posts
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette
#39 Sep 11 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
Khornette wrote:
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette

Wow, bitter much?
#40 Sep 11 2013 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
I think this is a great idea. Now there is some additional incentive to take on crafting skills.
#41 Sep 11 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Default
DF item level retrictions isnt going to stop the ******** in the df who ragequit AK because someone isnt full darklight. I am seeing this far too often. When did all the douches from WoW migrate over and when will they leave?
#42 Sep 11 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
DF item level retrictions isnt going to stop the @#%^s in the df who ragequit AK because someone isnt full darklight. I am seeing this far too often. When did all the douches from WoW migrate over and when will they leave?

They didn't, they've always been there and always will be. It's not 2004 anymore, they are part of every MMO (of which there are hundreds now) and not exclusive to WoW.

The idea that the FF community is different from wow (or any other MMO for that matter) is simply a myth. Especially at this point when a majority of the playerbase is not 50 and so the ones that are 50 are more likely to be hardcore "serious business" douche rushers with little patience or tolerance and large amounts of ADD.

I use the example of the 1017 to show that the FF community is just as selfish as any other MMO community. If the community was as selfless as normally implied then so many people wouldn't have stayed logged on for days straight so they could take a break and spend a few hours jerking off to hentai without worrying about being locked out. If they were as selfless as implied they would log out before jerking off so other people who just got done jerking off can have a few hours of fun.

People are just ******** no matter what environment you put them it. That's why there are FC and friends lists and blacklists and stuff to deal with them.

#43 Sep 11 2013 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,737 posts
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
Bile


You seem bitter.

Maybe you need a cookie? Smiley: cookie
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#44 Sep 11 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Default
*
109 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
Bile


You seem bitter.

Maybe you need a cookie? Smiley: cookie

This is funny coming from someone who gets off trying to shame strangers with holier-than-thou condescending lectures about cheaters.

You seem to have a problem understanding the meaning of words. Is English not your first language? First you misunderstand and conflate the difference between subjectivity and objectivity and now you seem to misunderstand the meaning of the word reality and have it confused with the word bitter.

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 3:08pm by KingoGoodbomber
#45 Sep 11 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
**
310 posts
Khornette wrote:
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette


You don`t seem to get it, the biggest(like 90%) source of gil influx(aka, from the game to players, not from player to player like market) are quests and those are limited, the other options are leves which give lame rewards and are limited and selling items to npc which gives low gil, on the other hand we have sinks(most notably market tax and repairs) which get VERY heavy later on, ive heard of 5k gil cost for repairing endgame gear.

fact is, quests will end sometime, specially when the 1st month players leave to the next cool thing, when that happens, the costs with repairing will be far too heavy and can cause a crash.

edit: for gil influx theres also allagan pieces, but their drops are terrible(i got bronze pieces from stone vigil for example)

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 4:28pm by MitArgento
#46 Sep 11 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LucasNox wrote:
I guess I won't be doing dungeons in my swimwear anymore.


This is why they need the option to wear the good armor and have the style reflect whatever you wish to look like.... DCUO had this and it was my favorite part of the game.


They are doing that in Dragon Age III as well, so it is even being worked into offline games.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 54 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (54)