Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

FFXIV "Bad Name Bingo"Follow

#1 Aug 12 2013 at 7:22 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,208 posts
Saw this just now, thought I'd share... hilarious! Let's all play on launch day!!! -

Bad Name Bingo


Edited, Aug 12th 2013 9:24am by Hairspray
#2 Aug 12 2013 at 7:24 AM Rating: Excellent
*******
50,767 posts
Void. No Sephiroth square.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Aug 12 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Void. No Sephiroth square.

Sephiroth is the "Hot Name". If you see it, it's an automatic win lol
#4 Aug 12 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
****
6,899 posts
LebargeX wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Void. No Sephiroth square.

Sephiroth is the "Hot Name". If you see it, it's an automatic win lol


So basically everyone will automatically win? Smiley: sly
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#5 Aug 12 2013 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
More than likely it falls under "Intentionally mispelled knockoff" because they're all Sefiroth/Sepphiroth/xSephirothx etc.
#6 Aug 12 2013 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
BartelX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Void. No Sephiroth square.

Sephiroth is the "Hot Name". If you see it, it's an automatic win lol


So basically everyone will automatically win? Smiley: sly

Well, you'll get that 1st win out of the way real quick, but once "used", the hot name is no longer available. Then, you have to start actually marking the card. I mean, if they put Sephiroth on the card it may as well have been in the free space since there's going to be one everywhere. Smiley: lol
#7 Aug 12 2013 at 7:40 AM Rating: Excellent
**
377 posts
They forgot name that use variants of the x or double x's so I call this a fail. Examples... xXSandmanSlimXx or xCainx
#8 Aug 12 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
princessary wrote:
They forgot name that use variants of the x or double x's so I call this a fail. Examples... xXSandmanSlimXx or xCainx

Ok, we'll call this the "Wild" name. See any variation of xName Herex and you can dab any other name for free.

ETA: For example... I have no idea what Homestuck is, so if I saw xYour Mommax I would dab Homestuck right away.

Edited, Aug 12th 2013 6:43am by LebargeX
#9 Aug 12 2013 at 7:46 AM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
Pretty much any reference to Game of Thrones is an automatic win... also any reference to Cloud, Sephiroth or Tifa Lockheart will do the same.

I like this game!

I'll be pointing out as many as I can in LS chat on the 27th!

Smiley: clown

Edited, Aug 12th 2013 9:47am by Hairspray
#10 Aug 12 2013 at 7:52 AM Rating: Excellent
**
362 posts
I think the real winner will be who can hit the most squares with one name...

DarkDrizzt La'nnister
#11 Aug 12 2013 at 7:55 AM Rating: Good
**
438 posts
No Legolas (and every variation there of) square?
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#12 Aug 12 2013 at 8:21 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
garethrogue wrote:
No Legolas (and every variation there of) square?


Pshaw... LotR is so two thousand late... lmao Smiley: lol
#13 Aug 12 2013 at 8:28 AM Rating: Good
I wonder if SE will be strict at all with names starting in open beta. I know they didn't seem to have any restrictions as far as I could tell up to this point. I know Blizzard tries to keep lewd names out of WoW as much as possible, and they try to keep you from using trademarked movie names (Skywalker, etc.).
I've seen a ton of openly lewd names in the FFXIV beta up to this point, so I wonder if they will nip it in the bud for the 'real' client.
#14 Aug 12 2013 at 8:33 AM Rating: Good
**
438 posts
LebargeX wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
No Legolas (and every variation there of) square?


Pshaw... LotR is so two thousand late... lmao Smiley: lol


that'll come back for the PS4 release, when Legolas is in LOTR 5, AKA The Hobbit 2.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#15 Aug 12 2013 at 8:42 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
garethrogue wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
No Legolas (and every variation there of) square?


Pshaw... LotR is so two thousand late... lmao Smiley: lol


that'll come back for the PS4 release, when Legolas is in LOTR 5, AKA The Hobbit 2.


Ahhh... Touche'!!
#16 Aug 12 2013 at 8:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Now wait a minute,

Legolasmyeggolas

is still probably the #1 most memorable name I ever saw in FFXI. Ten years later and I still laugh about it.
#17 Aug 12 2013 at 8:52 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,430 posts
great post, OP. btw, in beta so far, i've seen waaaay more daneryses and rhaegars and other targaryens than i have seen clouds and sephs

____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#18 Aug 12 2013 at 9:00 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Gnu wrote:
Now wait a minute,

Legolasmyeggolas

is still probably the #1 most memorable name I ever saw in FFXI. Ten years later and I still laugh about it.


While that one is fantastic, I also saw Jlobutt, Yourmom (and his alt Momruoy), Omgwtfbbq, and Puntaru the Galka
#19 Aug 12 2013 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
I thought "Stark" was a Bleach reference, but Bleach reference has its own square. What else is Stark from?
#20 Aug 12 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
svlyons wrote:
I thought "Stark" was a Bleach reference, but Bleach reference has its own square. What else is Stark from?

Iron Man I'm guessing...
#21 Aug 12 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
svlyons wrote:
I thought "Stark" was a Bleach reference, but Bleach reference has its own square. What else is Stark from?


Game of Thrones, The Starks of Winterfell.
#22 Aug 12 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Excellent
*******
50,767 posts
ScreenshotÂ
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#23 Aug 12 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Screenshot

Lol yeah, them too
#24 Aug 12 2013 at 9:39 AM Rating: Good
***
1,208 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Screenshot


HAHAHA!!!

That's awesome!
#25 Aug 12 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Excellent
*
91 posts
LebargeX wrote:
BartelX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Void. No Sephiroth square.

Sephiroth is the "Hot Name". If you see it, it's an automatic win lol


So basically everyone will automatically win? Smiley: sly

Well, you'll get that 1st win out of the way real quick, but once "used", the hot name is no longer available. Then, you have to start actually marking the card. I mean, if they put Sephiroth on the card it may as well have been in the free space since there's going to be one everywhere. Smiley: lol


Likewise, had there just been a "Game of Thrones reference" square, it would have been a free space. When I first started the beta, I braced myself for this generation of "Xxssj4darksephirothleonhartxx." Much to my surprise and great chagrin, referencing Game of Thrones is what's trending now. I swear, every fifth person I saw was named after a GoT character.
#26 Aug 12 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Good
*
139 posts
Chromanin wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
BartelX wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
lolgaxe wrote:
Void. No Sephiroth square.

Sephiroth is the "Hot Name". If you see it, it's an automatic win lol


So basically everyone will automatically win? Smiley: sly

Well, you'll get that 1st win out of the way real quick, but once "used", the hot name is no longer available. Then, you have to start actually marking the card. I mean, if they put Sephiroth on the card it may as well have been in the free space since there's going to be one everywhere. Smiley: lol


Likewise, had there just been a "Game of Thrones reference" square, it would have been a free space. When I first started the beta, I braced myself for this generation of "Xxssj4darksephirothleonhartxx." Much to my surprise and great chagrin, referencing Game of Thrones is what's trending now. I swear, every fifth person I saw was named after a GoT character.


I know someone planning to name their baby Arya... its not just gaming
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 37 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (37)