Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Is anyone going to E3?Follow

#1 May 24 2013 at 5:31 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,163 posts
So, let's make an Official E3 Posting thread... I want to see all the goods.


Edit: This isn't off topic because I want to see the FFXIV: ARR stuff and then the rest second.

Edited, May 24th 2013 8:11pm by WFOAssassin
#2 May 24 2013 at 5:49 PM Rating: Decent
**
374 posts
I thought E3 was media onry?
#3 May 24 2013 at 6:08 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,997 posts
It didn't use to be, but maybe it is now? It's much smaller than it used to be, regardless. Much tougher to get in, I think.
#4 May 24 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,163 posts
Really?

E3 is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEE Gaming convention that many people go to and MANY developers show off their upcoming games and software.

http://www.e3expo.com/
#5 May 24 2013 at 6:18 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,997 posts
I know what E3 is. I know that they scaled way back in years past and significantly fewer demos and showcases were being held. I'm not up to date on it lately.
#6 May 24 2013 at 6:29 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,163 posts
Kachi wrote:
I know what E3 is. I know that they scaled way back in years past and significantly fewer demos and showcases were being held. I'm not up to date on it lately.


I was typing while you posted. You're right, it is smaller compared to say... 2002 but still large enough.

And no, its not media only although they may have a "media only" day or time.
#7 May 24 2013 at 6:40 PM Rating: Decent
****
9,997 posts
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.
#8 May 24 2013 at 7:32 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
E3 is a trade show. You either have to be media or industry to attend it is not open to the public.
#9 May 24 2013 at 7:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,163 posts
LebargeX wrote:
E3 is a trade show. You either have to be media or industry to attend it is not open to the public.


Well, I don't believe it because every year except for the last few I remember people talking about buying tickets, wining tickets, and making a big deal about it. One of my goals was to attend... Unless I just always though it was a public even and when I read the articles and saw the pictures it didn't jump out to me that they were all media employees. I figured when I had a week and money I would buy a ticket and stalk all the hot gaming chicks who don't play video games and would think I was a nerd...

What a crock of crap. Really? I don't even feel like an idiot for not know... I feel like someone just told me Santa Clause isn't real. COME ON!


OK, Wint, who in Zam is going so we can make them post stuff for us?
#10 May 24 2013 at 8:03 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,104 posts
E3 hasn't been open to the public for a few years now. You need special access.
____________________________
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1053318/
#11 May 24 2013 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
WFOAssassin wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
E3 is a trade show. You either have to be media or industry to attend it is not open to the public.


Well, I don't believe it because every year except for the last few I remember people talking about buying tickets, wining tickets, and making a big deal about it. One of my goals was to attend... Unless I just always though it was a public even and when I read the articles and saw the pictures it didn't jump out to me that they were all media employees. I figured when I had a week and money I would buy a ticket and stalk all the hot gaming chicks who don't play video games and would think I was a nerd...

What a crock of crap. Really? I don't even feel like an idiot for not know... I feel like someone just told me Santa Clause isn't real. COME ON!


OK, Wint, who in Zam is going so we can make them post stuff for us?


I would have loved to go but I don't think anyone is. Where is it this year?
#12 May 24 2013 at 8:16 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,163 posts
@ Wint
Its in LA this year.

@ BrokenFox
OK, so I'm only 90% insane. Thanks for clearing that up. As I read about it, it was always a Press only event, but they were never enforcing the rule. You could say something like, "I write an article" and you would get in but now its much harder.

I could also have been thinking of another big game convention but I don't know what it would be since E3 is the only one that is burned into my head.... whatever.
#13 May 24 2013 at 8:21 PM Rating: Good
You need two forms of proof in the industry to go. I was going to go, but changed my mind when Nintendo said they weren't going. I'm not too interested in PS4, and Microsoft's Xbox doesn't really appeal to me.

I do kind of regret it given S-E's attendance there, but they'll be live-streaming their reveals so we won't have anything to miss.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 43 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (43)