Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FFXI is not dead.Follow

#102 Apr 16 2010 at 10:23 PM Rating: Good
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,632 posts
Is there some type of award available for most idiotic hypocritical poster of the year? Because if there is, I'd like to nominate tenfooterten.

Edited, Apr 17th 2010 12:36am by Turin
#103 Apr 16 2010 at 10:24 PM Rating: Default
I believe varus gets that award, Turin. Or Gbaji.
We can give him the FFXI Division award, though!

Edited, Apr 16th 2010 10:25pm by Darkdoom
#104 Apr 16 2010 at 10:30 PM Rating: Default
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
I believe varus gets that award, Turin.

Gbaji definitely gets it.
#105 Apr 16 2010 at 10:32 PM Rating: Default
Keeper of the Shroud
*****
13,632 posts
I don't know about that one. It's true that gbaji talks out of his *** a lot and has an absolutely terrible method of debate, but he's not stupid. Not terribly bright, but not stupid either. From my reading of Varus's posts, I'm fairly certain he just likes to troll the Asylum and the easiest way to do that is post some ultra conservative talk show crap, so I'm pretty sure he's just playing with them. Thiefx though, could give this ten guy some pretty stiff competition.
#106 Apr 16 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Default
@#%^ing DRK
*****
13,143 posts
Turin the Malevolent wrote:
I don't know about that one. It's true that gbaji talks out of his *** a lot and has an absolutely terrible method of debate, but he's not stupid. Not terribly bright, but not stupid either. From my reading of Varus's posts, I'm fairly certain he just likes to troll the Asylum and the easiest way to do that is post some ultra conservative talk show crap, so I'm pretty sure he's just playing with them. Thiefx though, could give this ten guy some pretty stiff competition.


See also: Shadowrelm
#107 Apr 16 2010 at 10:39 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,918 posts
Turin the Malevolent wrote:
I'm fairly certain he just likes to troll the Asylum and the easiest way to do that is post some ultra conservative talk show crap, so I'm pretty sure he's just playing with them..


Conservatives have just been trollin us this whole time?!
#108 Apr 16 2010 at 11:26 PM Rating: Good
**
435 posts
i'm confused, is the OP going:

OP: "DUUUUDE, there was this guy shouting for help in WG and nobody helped him, you guys are ******* lazy *****"
everyone else: "Did you help him?"
OP: ********** no, that guy can go blow himself."

pardon my french.
#109 Apr 17 2010 at 3:39 AM Rating: Default
Why is there so much *** licking going on in this thread? It is really apparent... glaringly apparent. Is there some kind of competition going on??? Seriously I got the impression a forum election was coming up.

Religion, lol,k... as Yuna said in FFX "I will not build my life on false hope". Actually did anybody else get that the whole of FFX was taking the **** out of religion? Follow Yevon to kill Sin? But you will never kill him for good...so keep doing what we say... beware technology! It's evil. For these facts alone I loved that game more than any of the others.

Anyway...

OP is right in some respects. You can't have as much fun in the old sense because everything is so tightly regulated now. You can't even make a nyzul run without someone dropping because one of the jobs isn't optimal.

And the melee RDM thing actually I'm not going to go there, I like to use my RDM as a back line job mostly so I'm pretty biased. 9/10 I would rather just wait for a group or change jobs than solo with RDM; not interested.
#110 Apr 17 2010 at 4:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,102 posts
You got rated down because no one cares.
____________________________
------------------
#111 Apr 17 2010 at 6:33 AM Rating: Good
***
1,137 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Rate down = level of truth. The more you rate me down, the more you look like an idiot.


Tenfooterten wrote:
Goodnight. I'd like to continue this discussion, but too many people just rate down. It's the flaw of this ite. I hope somebody from alla has the balls to just talk to me some day. I'm leaving. I hope you all find what you are looking for.


Does this mean this thread's truth is max?
#112 Apr 17 2010 at 12:22 PM Rating: Decent
ManifestOfKujata wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
Rate down = level of truth. The more you rate me down, the more you look like an idiot.


Tenfooterten wrote:
Goodnight. I'd like to continue this discussion, but too many people just rate down. It's the flaw of this ite. I hope somebody from alla has the balls to just talk to me some day. I'm leaving. I hope you all find what you are looking for.
Does this mean this thread's truth is max?
See, i'm wondering if he meant he's leaving for the night, or forever.
#113 Apr 17 2010 at 1:50 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Tenfooterten, Apr 16th 2010 10:38pm wrote:
Goodnight. I'd like to continue this discussion, but too many people just rate down. It's the flaw of this ite. I hope somebody from alla has the balls to just talk to me some day. I'm leaving. I hope you all find what you are looking for.
Tenfooterten, Apr 16th 2010 10:56pm wrote:
The truth is, RDM melee will never work. I wonder if that is more opinion or truth?

You are an idiot if you can't decipher truth from opinion. Let me know if you are too stupid to figure it out.
Edit: Here is your chance to sub-default the truth again. Please don't let everyone down!
Liar!
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#114 Apr 17 2010 at 4:15 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
How to set Hyrist off.

1) Mention RDM Melee...


Seriously, do you want to go there? Really? I do beleive I've got one of the longest running participant arguments among players of the game, as do most Red Mages that hang out in the forums, Rog included.

For you (ten) to even say "Work" quantifies what you say as opinion. Because you leave an unstated variable.

My melee "Works" fine for what I use it for, Solo, Campaign, even small group activities and missions. Hell, my Melee "Works" in a merit party format so long as I play my cards right.

Does it "Work" like a dedicated Melee Job? No, it functions like a Hybrid job would, which means I'm going to be doing mediocre to moderately respectable damage depending on which job I'm compared to, but even then it functions as part of my overall utility. It's not 'the best' but it most certainly "works".


To be overtly general on the subject (Except when saying ******* situational') is to be ignorant of it. The problem is of course the learning curve between mage and melee jobs. A retarded monkey with down syndrome can cure a merit party. But you both have to think and prepare if you're going to do well in the front lines, no matter what job.

Red Mages on average is going to go with what's easier and not bother with the social stigma and gear curve that involves preforming well up front, be it melee or tanking. But Red Mages have already proved that they can be more than a passable assistance in the front line. The true standing argument against it really is role redundancy between caster/buffer jobs and the fact that having two jobs capable of similar style support is unnecessary. If Red Mage had some more unique utilities that could assist the party while healing was covered by another job then Red Mage would be encouraged to do so. But as it stands there isn't anything that can't be bested or copied by another support job. Otherwise we have the combat capabilities of a THF , if not the raw damage output. We can almost match them gear for gear but instead of the spike damage we get the added variability of our magic spells. (I could run more in depth comparisons and parallels, but I don't feel like it.)

But a Red Mage's melee "Works" about as well as it's Nuking side does. It has to be pushed and we're always going to be a Tier short of the best. But it doesn't mean it can't be done smartly to the benefit of itself and a group. Magic is just easier by comparison.
#115 Apr 17 2010 at 11:30 PM Rating: Default
In the short run ff11 got a good bit of life level once you have the new level caps and add on. In the long run ff11 will becoming small though i do not think it will comply die off unless SE dies lol. Though i am hoping that they will reduces the price of ff11 monthly feeds if they stop updating and the game become very small. I am thinking in terms of 1-2 years for short run and 3-4 in the long run.
#116 Apr 17 2010 at 11:53 PM Rating: Default
jski wrote:
In the short run ff11 got a good bit of life level once you have the new level caps and add on. In the long run ff11 will becoming small though i do not think it will comply die off unless SE dies lol. Though i am hoping that they will reduces the price of ff11 monthly feeds if they stop updating and the game become very small. I am thinking in terms of 1-2 years for short run and 3-4 in the long run.


i give it 2 yrs before ffxi dies out completely more or less, cant continue to beat a dying horse, after ffxiv come into play.

Edited, Apr 18th 2010 1:53am by gaiaxzero
#117 Apr 19 2010 at 8:39 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,815 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Goodnight. I'd like to continue this discussion, but too many people just rate down. It's the flaw of this ite. I hope somebody from alla has the balls to just talk to me some day. I'm leaving. I hope you all find what you are looking for.


i never realized you were such a troll. i wonder if you're actually as stupid as you're acting in this thread.

re: helpfulness in ffxi, a) if you act the same way in game as on here, chances are people don't help you because you're a jerk, and b) it's the same as it ever was in regards to helpfulness/niceness. if anything, there's less HNM epeen drama (kept to more of a minimum, and now being done in a seemingly post-modern, tongue-in-cheek, "i'm fully aware that this doesn't matter, but i'm doing it anyway," fashion).

re: always telling the truth, you should always evaluate what you're saying. if you never believe that you could be making a mistake, you are condemned to painful stupidity. you may not realize it though, because smart people will probably avoid you.

---

edit: although it has nothing to do with this thread, this thread got locked so i'm going to use this space to comment on it. only comment: isn't it ******* hilarious to make a sock with the name "deathstalker"?? apparently his original name was otonin, and when he decided to make a sock to stir things up, he comes up with "deathstalker"! not "sock puppet" or "cogent_sentences_suck" but the uber cool "deathstalker". how does that work??

Edited, Apr 19th 2010 10:48pm by milich
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#118 Apr 19 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Decent
**
344 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
They only care about themselves.

Ya? Get off FFXI and spend your life feeding and sheltering the poor if you're so compassionate. Helping someone get an airship pass doesn't qualify.
#120 Apr 19 2010 at 9:51 PM Rating: Default
rdmdontdie wrote:
Quote:
i never realized you were such a troll. i wonder if you're actually as stupid as you're acting in this thread.
meh the good trolls don't care about karma.
This.
#121 Apr 19 2010 at 9:55 PM Rating: Decent
Sage
Avatar
*****
10,815 posts
rdmdontdie wrote:
Quote:
i never realized you were such a troll. i wonder if you're actually as stupid as you're acting in this thread.


meh the good trolls don't care about karma.


i didn't say good troll. i'm a good troll when i resist the urge to get meta and talk about trolling.
____________________________
pahn
retired monk

i wish to be the red comet.
#123 Apr 19 2010 at 10:15 PM Rating: Default
rdmdontdie wrote:
hmmm touche, i think i like you, want to make babies sometime?
Smiley: crySmiley: crySmiley: crySmiley: crySmiley: cry
#125 Apr 19 2010 at 10:22 PM Rating: Default
rdmdontdie wrote:
oh dont be upset little guy
Oh. Ok then, it's fine.
#126 Apr 19 2010 at 10:51 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,767 posts
Doubleyou Tea Eff
____________________________
Fynlar wrote:
Chew is being a lot more level-headed regarding the whole issue, which is strange because he's probably drunk.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (79)