Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FFXI is not dead.Follow

#52 Apr 16 2010 at 9:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
If talking about a religious belief system academically insults your intelligence, sir. Than perhaps I'm doing so by overestimating it.
#53 Apr 16 2010 at 9:19 PM Rating: Decent
also, tenfooter... no matter how many times you post drivel in this thread, you still lose the internets, you and rog are the same in this regard
#54 Apr 16 2010 at 9:19 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
Quote:
Regardless of how the rest of this thread turns out... I nominate this as quote of the year.


The sad part is, I call Rog and ***, but I've yet to decide if I love him or hate him for it.
#55 Apr 16 2010 at 9:19 PM Rating: Decent
I think Hyrist just won an internet.
#56Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:20 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) If you think that discussing religion is intelligent, then i don't give a rat's *** what you think sir.
#57 Apr 16 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
26 posts
People are still great. FFXI is like the one game I can go back to and know I'll find some help. Maybe you should approach people in a nicer or less needy way OP.
#58 Apr 16 2010 at 9:21 PM Rating: Good
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but thruth is truth.
There's a vast difference between "truth" and "what you believe to be true". I have no idea what the context of this comment is for, but on this point, you're wrong.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#59Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:22 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The truth waits for no man. If Rog has a better idea, i'd like to hear it.
#60 Apr 16 2010 at 9:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
What's the correct term of fear of religion? Theo-phobic? Is there even such a term?

If so, you are. Because you're so sensitive about the topic that even a mention of religion as an example is cause for you to snap at it.

A better translation of them so you're not pissing your pants is "Just because you beleive something to be true, does not make it the truth."

To revise the example: "Dragon Age Sucks." Is an opinion, not a fact. Just because you're being honest with your views in saying it, does not make it the truth.

So learn how to write better. ( I know, pot calling the kettle black here, but at least I know my terminology.)
#61 Apr 16 2010 at 9:24 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,287 posts
Hyrist wrote:
It's no longer about the fun an exploration as it is about exploiting the math of the game as much as possible,

Stop crushing my hopes and dreams!
____________________________
Server: Midgardsormr
Occupation: Reckless Red Mage

IcookPizza wrote:

I think RDM's neurotic omniscience is sooooooo worth including in any alliance.
#62 Apr 16 2010 at 9:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
Quote:
I think Hyrist just won an internet.


Oh great, more **** I have to pack in next to my collection of Al Gores when I move out of this hellhole.
#63 Apr 16 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
If talking about a religious belief system academically insults your intelligence, sir. Than perhaps I'm doing so by overestimating it.
If you think that discussing religion is intelligent, then i don't give a rat's *** what you think sir.
Stop making other atheists like myself look bad.
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#64 Apr 16 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,620 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Quote:
I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but truth is truth.


Saying what you feel isn't always speaking the truth.

There's a difference between speaking the truth and speaking honestly. Just because you are speaking honestly does not always mean you are speaking the truth.

For example, you can be honest when you say you believe God Jesus Santa Clause The Easter Bunny something exists. But you may not be telling the truth.

Actually, you insult my intelligence with that jesus/god/allah .. bullsh*t.

He was using it as an example...
#65 Apr 16 2010 at 9:26 PM Rating: Good
Tenfooterten wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
If talking about a religious belief system academically insults your intelligence, sir. Than perhaps I'm doing so by overestimating it.

If you think that discussing religion is intelligent, then i don't give a rat's *** what you think sir.



This comment is hilarious. Do you really feel that many great scholars through history are unintelligent simply because they might have discussed religion at one point?

Agree with Bsphil, giving atheists bad name, etc.


Edited, Apr 16th 2010 9:27pm by Darkdoom
#66Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:26 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) The truth here is, I felt that people dont help others so much anymore.I feel that FFXI is alive, but most people ignore those cries for help.
#67 Apr 16 2010 at 9:28 PM Rating: Decent
Quote:
The truth here is, I felt that people dont help others so much anymore.I feel that FFXI is alive, but most people ignore those cries for help. I continue to spout personal opinions


FTFY
#68 Apr 16 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
*
119 posts
You need to stop talking crap like your martyring yourself by speaking some "truth" when you put yourself off as more of an ******* than the people you are trying to preach to.
#69 Apr 16 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Good
***
1,620 posts
Suddenly, discussing religion is bad. I'm agnostic myself because you can't prove or disprove either one but I've had some stimulating discussions targeting religion.
#70 Apr 16 2010 at 9:29 PM Rating: Decent
Edited by bsphil
******
21,739 posts
Tenfooterten wrote:
bsphil wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
I say what i feel. I always speak the truth. It usually gets me sub-defaulted, but truth is truth.
There's a vast difference between "truth" and "what you believe to be true". I have no idea what the context of this comment is for, but on this point, you're wrong.
The truth here is, I felt that people dont help others so much anymore.I feel that FFXI is alive, but most people ignore those cries for help.
Man you're good at missing the point.

Alkezo wrote:
Suddenly, discussing religion is bad. I'm agnostic myself because you can't prove or disprove either one but I've had some stimulating discussions targeting religion.
Just like you can't say that Bigfoot or Leprechauns or Unicorns don't exist because you don't have definitive proof that they don't exist.

Spoiler alert: You can't prove an absolute negative.

Edited, Apr 16th 2010 10:30pm by bsphil
____________________________
His Excellency Aethien wrote:
Almalieque wrote:
If no one debated with me, then I wouldn't post here anymore.
Take the hint guys, please take the hint.
gbaji wrote:
I'm not getting my news from anywhere Joph.
#71Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:29 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Do you really think that people discussed religion when kings told them what to believe?
#72 Apr 16 2010 at 9:30 PM Rating: Good
**
800 posts
Hyrist wrote:
What's the correct term of fear of religion? Theo-phobic? Is there even such a term?


Religion itself is the term for the "fear of religion". For example, a "God fearing man" is a religious man. The more sensitive you are about religion, the more religious you are. It's a never-ending cycle.

I have nothing to add to the topic of this thread though, if there is one.
#73 Apr 16 2010 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Tenfooterten wrote:
Doctor Darkdoom wrote:
Tenfooterten wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
If talking about a religious belief system academically insults your intelligence, sir. Than perhaps I'm doing so by overestimating it.

If you think that discussing religion is intelligent, then i don't give a rat's *** what you think sir.



This comment is hilarious. Do you really feel that many great scholars through history are unintelligent simply because they might have discussed religion at one point?

Agree with Bsphil, giving atheists bad name, etc.


Edited, Apr 16th 2010 9:27pm by Darkdoom

Do you really think that people discussed religion when kings told them what to believe?



You tell me.
#74 Apr 16 2010 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
***
1,620 posts
Hydragyrum wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
What's the correct term of fear of religion? Theo-phobic? Is there even such a term?


Religion itself is the term for the "fear of religion". For example, a "God fearing man" is a religious man. The more sensitive you are about religion, the more religious you are. It's a never-ending cycle.

I have nothing to add to the topic of this thread though, if there is one.

It's cool, the topic is wildly changing as posts are made.
#75 Apr 16 2010 at 9:31 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,780 posts
Quote:
The truth here is, I felt that people dont help others so much anymore.I feel that FFXI is alive, but most people ignore those cries for help.


To be a *** myself an nitpick your words again. That is your truth, not the truth.

As far as the actual subject at hand. I believe (hey note, an opinion)that your statement is half-true. People still help each other out, but it's far less likely to happen in the company of strangers. The game is well-aged. People are well jaded against the nightmares of what other MMO's call "PUGs" (Pick-up-groups) They'd rather help someone they know (and thus are more forgiving of their faults) than people they don't (who end up soldering the blame for things going wrong and further supporting the stigma.)
#76Tenfooterten, Posted: Apr 16 2010 at 9:32 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) I'm hoping that you actually get my point.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 76 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (76)